Responses to a 1NT opening Edit
- 2♣: Stayman, 8+ HCPs and a 4-card major
- Rebidding 3♣ is a weak signoff in ♣s
- 2♦/2♥/2♠: weak signoff, 8- HCPs, 5+ of the suit
- 3 of a suit: game forcing, 10+ HCPs, good 5+ suit
- 4♥/4♠: weak signoff, 10- HCPs, 6+ of the suit
- 2NT: 8-9 HCPs
- 3NT: 10-14 HCPs
- 4NT: 15-16 HCPs
- 6NT: 17-18 HCPs
- 7NT: 21+ HCPs
2♣ is non-forcing Stayman, opener rebids 2♠ with both majors (the modern style is to rebid 2♥).
Responder rebids Edit
- 2-level bid: invitational, non-forcing
- 3♣: weak signoff, 0-7 HCPs, 6+ ♣s
- 3♦/3♥/3♠: game forcing, 5+ suit
- raise: invitational
- game: sign-off
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.