This is a bridge aphorism for choosing the opening lead against a notrump contract. The logic behind it is that leading a low card from this suit will help to establish it.
Situations in which this applies Edit
- Leading against notrump with a relatively strong and/or solid suit of five or more cards
- Or, when holding several high honors to use as entries
Situations in which this does not apply Edit
- A suit with tenaces or many gaps between the values
- A suit with no strength
- When other information has suggested a different suit would be a better lead
- Cashing a sequence of honours in a slam contract
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.